Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

File transfer between my Win7 pc and my android smartphone

Options
  • 13-08-2021 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

I have succeeded in setting up a new (ie not the internet which still works fine) Wireless Network Connection on my PC.

No password ,as I am just starting and I can see it showing up as one of the Wireless Network Connections.( with the name I gave it)

Beside it it reads "waiting for users"

i have my smartphone sitting beside the PC connected to the same Wifi but it doesn't seem to know that the new network is there. and I can't see my smartphone on the PC either although both are connected to the same wifi connection

Both the PC and the smartphone connect to the internet via the wifi but I can't seem to get them to recognize each other on this new network I have just set up as best as I was able.

(I do have a usb cable and I can transfer files directly from smartphone to PC but it won't allow me to transfer from PC to smartphone,which is why I am trying this tack)

Post edited by amandstu on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Your PC may be on the Windows Public Network.

You may have WIFI isolation turned on, on your router.

Why not go simples? Dropbox, onedrive, googledrive etc. Any of them will do what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭amandstu

Thanks.I need the files on my computer to actually be on my phone or tablet.

That way I can pair up the tablet with my new radio/cd player and use its speakers (and whatever other functions it might have ,such as its remote control,possibly)

I have managed to send one song via email but that seems a bit laborious and the album was rejected as too.large a file.

Can I download large files from dropbox?Maybe that would do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

"(I do have a usb cable and I can transfer files directly from smartphone to PC but it won't allow me to transfer from PC to smartphone,which is why I am trying this tack)"

I wonder why it wont ?

I've never had a problem doing this.

I will try again and let you know the error message I was getting.

OK ,so when I try to copy a file from the PC to the smartphone the message I get is (on the PC) "The device has either stopped responding or been disconnected "

But when I try to copy from the smartphone to the PC I am successful

EDIT: I have tried the same procedure using a tablet instead of the smartphone.This time I was successful and so it is clearly a problem with the smartphone(maybe fluff got into the charging socket....no matter the file transfer problem is solved )

Thanks all😶

Post edited by amandstu on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yup, I mean, Use Dropbox or OneDrive to download the files to your phone. What's your definition of large file? 50GB seems to be the filesize limit if you are using the browser. There appears to be no filesize limit using the app. I think you will be fine.

Advertisement