Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moody writing...moods in writing??

Options
  • 12-08-2021 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

So, i did pick up writing again (you can read my other post so you can see why this is my prefix). I notice that the chapter I finished is melancholy or grieving or whatever and then somewhere along the way I picked it up and turned it into a happy or light feeling. now, this new chapter is light and happy or something like that. does this ever happen to you? like you're just getting along with whatever it is that you're feeling? like you're feeling what you're writing and you're writing what you're feeling??

sorry it's just that this is the first time that it has happened to me. kinda weirded out by it and at the same time happy I found something like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thecrazybeyondyou

You really should be able to rise above your own moods in order to more astutely craft your pose (to better suit your vision). The exception would be if your intention is to create a highly personal, first person confessional or expressive exercise. My two cents of course, but if you find yourself constantly rewriting to suit your mood you will never be finished...

Advertisement