Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bachelor AU 2021

Options
  • 12-08-2021 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭

I'll just preface this by saying that The Bachelor (US) version is horrific TV and completely unwatchable.

However I've been watching the latest season of the Aussie one (now 7 episodes in) and it's very addictive.

Anyone else watching? 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭PogoRach

I tried watching the US version and despised it, but since you've opened by slating the US one, I generally trust your judgement on Reality TV, so I may have to give the Aussie version a chance.

I'm not entirely caught up yet, haven't seen either of this week's episodes yet, but just finished episode 8 this afternoon, and not only is this far superior to the garbage US version, but Steph may be the best Reality TV Villain I've seen in many many years, perhaps even ever. Makes for great television.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Glad you like it! It's another example of the Aussies doing it better than anyone else.

I think Steph is amazing. I won't say any more, but tell me what you think when you've caught up. 🙂

Yeah will weigh in a bit more about my thoughts on whoever is remaining once I'm completely up to date. Should be caught up by the end of the weekend, just juggling so much Reality TV these days. Up to date on Survivor Australia, and just about to sit down to last night's episode of The Challenge, but playing catch-up on this and The Block AU (only a few episodes behind on both) and also trying to balance The Block NZ in there as well (and am a good 30 or so episodes behind on that, so am giving it top priority for the next few days to try and get another chunk of that carved out). And sure that's only the Reality Competition Shows, not to mention all the other shows from various genres I watch regularly... 😂

All caught up now, I thought it was going to become a complete borefest as soon as Steph left, but I think Brooke has become a complete villain since here return so I'm hoping she fills the baddie role ; she was a bit too sweet and innocent before.

Jimmy himself seems pretty sound, even though I think you have to be a bit of a knob in general to want to be on the Bachelor, particularly if you are indeed the Bachelor in question.

Carlie is by far the best match in there for Jimmy, whether he sees that or not though is the big question, but I almost hope he doesn't because she deserves better.

Ash is grand and so is Holly (even if I don't think Steph and her clique of mean girls were entirely in the wrong about her).

I thought Jay was an absolute melt to begin with, but enjoying the recent drama surrounding her.

And then there's Crane Girl who I'm gonna call Meg because I can't remember what her actual name is. Meg is incredibly vanilla and I don't see the appeal in the slightest. I hope boring Meg is the next to go.

• Advertisement

I finished it this morning.

Out of the final two, I think Jimmy chose the right girl.

I think Brooke might have turned out to be a bit of a bunny boiler! 🙂

Great season overall, I'll watch the next season when it's on.

Yeah he picked the right person alright... I did kind of lose interest in the season a bit once Steph was given her marching orders, but still decent enough.

Last night I started watching the recent season of Married At First Sight Australia (had never watched any edition of MAFS before) and I'm already hooked 4 episodes in... It's kind of similar to The Bachelor, but a million times better...

I only started watching it because Ronnie kept banging on about it on The Block... That's some good cross promotion by channel 9 including it in the final edit of The Block episodes... 😂

Just started MAFS AU. It's a cracker! Thanks for the recommendation.

Only 32 episodes. Jesus.... 😂

Advertisement