Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

‘Thanked posts’ feature

Options
  • 11-08-2021 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Is there no way to see what posts of mine have been liked/thanked, as was possible in before times, without having to go into a thread to find the comment?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Also how can you see which posts you have liked? I tried to like a post earlier that had 7 likes but when i clicked it changed to 6 so i'm assuming i had already liked it and my click then undid the previous like? Found it a bit annoying but maybe im doing something wrong, idk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

As well as seeing who liked posts , can you reinstall the 'all my posts' feature. It made navigation to threads you're active on so so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The last two requests if acted on to enable them would make the user experience of site much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

to see who has thanked your posts go to your profile and click on the reactions link. this is on desktop. not sure if the same works on mobile.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

It does. On your profile page just tap on the Thanks! count and it will display your thanked posts below it.

Also, to see your own posts, again on the profile page scroll to the bottom and then click on comments to see all your posts. It has also been added to the menu bar on mobile.

Discussions is there too, this is threads started by you.

Vanilla appears to use slightly different terminology to vBulletin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thank you for confirming. The functionality between desktop and mobile doesn't seem to be identical in all areas so I wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm not sure you can actually see who has thanked you on the mobile site, you can see how many thanks but not whom has thanked, if Ive misread the question, apologies, I think it was can a user see who's thanked a post 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Sorry, you're right I misread the question! What I have said above will give you all your posts which have been thanked.

I don't believe it is possible at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Thank you and for the direction through the features, actually liking the new layout 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement