Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG TV repair

Options
  • 11-08-2021 1:08pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place for this - but I can't see any other forum focused on electronics repairs (as opposed to electrical work in general etc)

I have a 6 year old LG (42LF561V) that has suddenly stopped switching on.

The red standby light comes on as normal, but when you hit the power button the light flashes twice and then goes off.

The only reference I found online to what the two flashes mean suggested that it was an issue with the power supply board, so I replaced that but am still having the same issue.

Power does seem to be getting to the video/audio card - based on the fact that the optical audio light is coming on when it's plugged in - and I can't see any glaring issues beyond that.

I haven't opened up the screen itself yet as I was hoping it was an easier-to-solve problem... though I should note that, just before the screen died, the backlight bulbs seemed to become really noticeable on the screen... as if they were turned up full, but I'm not sure what that could indicate.

Any suggestions on what I could do and whether this is salvageable would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

Look for bad capacitors - sometime you cannot tell but often the capacitors can be bugging up slightly on the top or leaking - sometimes even having a fishy smell

Caps are the main cause but could be some other part that failed - look out for darker or burnt signs on the pcb - a sign that something has got too hot.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Something similar red light on in bottom but won't switch on same TV LG 43 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

OP take a look on YouTube on a channel Michael Dranfield. Watch some of his videos and hopefully you'll find some useful gems there!

Advertisement