Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview in DEIS school?

Options
  • 08-08-2021 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I have an interview in a primary DEIS school coming up and just wondering what type of questions I could be asked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

Know what DEIS is. They may ask you the differences between a DEIS and non DEIS school. Behavioural management should be at the forefront of the interview if the principal is good, if they aren't I'd be a bit concerned. Is it urban DEIS or rural? Questions around how you connect with the kids, get them onside, encourage kids to study and excel, extra curricular, making your subject applicable (not relevant to you) ect. Then your standard interview questions. No harm asking what the focus of the current DEIS plan is too!

I teach in an urban DEIS secondary and the best interview question I got was "what would you do if a kid told you to **** off" This will happen. How you respond is a good indication of whether you'll thrive in that environment and whether the kids your teaching will. I love my job btw, best job I've ever had, can't wait to be back but it doesn't suit everyone and can really break people down so consider it carefully, for your own sake and the kids.

Advertisement