Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Block AU 2021

Options
  • 08-08-2021 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭

Really love the Block. If you've never seen it before, it's a home renovation show where 5 teams take the shell of a house each and build them up, one room at a time. Rooms are judged every week, the winner gets a cash injection and they move onto the next room.

At the end of the season, the houses go to auction and every team takes home any money earned above the asking price. Whichever team makes the most profit also gets a big chunk of cash on top and become the winners of the season.

It's the 17th season so it's a well established formula and it's completely addictive.

4 episodes a week for 13 or 14 weeks, so it's a bit of a commitment. Worth it though!

Season 17 episode 1 is out today, so it's a good time to jump in. (Aussie TV only, so you'll need to find it yourself).

(By the way, The Block New Zealand Season 9 is about 30 episodes in and that's also great this year.)

Sorry, not sorry. 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭PogoRach

Have about 7 or 8 episodes left of Season 13, first season I ever watched and seemingly a good one to start with because its been a blast.

Going to jump straight into Season 17 when I'm done since they keep playing the ads for that one while I'm still watching Season 13... 😂

It'll work well since Ronnie and Georgia are in both seasons. So I'll be joining in on the chat's here anyway.

Then I'll either catch-up and watch the current Season of NZ on the few days a week Block AU isn't putting out new eps.

Once I'm all up to date on both AU and NZ I can always go back and watch older seasons of either when there's nothing new being released.

Post edited by PogoRach on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Saw your post earlier but didn't cop it was brand new! Hubbie has just put it on for me :)

Woohooooo

Looks like I got all caught up with this season just in time for the biggest scandal in Block history!!! (you can tell I've been watching too much of the Block when I'm essentially using sentences that came right out of Scottie Cam's catchphrase book). There was so much drama in today's episode that I can barely remember what rooms they're supposed to be doing this week... 😂

From an entertainment perspective I think all the contestants are great, but I'm a hardcore Ronnie & Georgia fan (I'd genuinely love to go and hang out with them over a few beers, they're fantastic people) so anyone who gets on the wrong side of them is someone I will actively root against.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was off for the last week and I've so much catching up to do! Regular TV plus this, Block NZ and Survivor. 🙂

I won't go into any detail because I know not everyone is caught up, but the last two episodes (and especially todays) has been probably the most compelling Reality TV I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of Reality TV) and I can't bloody wait until tomorrow...

• Advertisement

I genuinely can't stand Tanya & Vito... they're the worst!!!

I'm actively rooting for them to fail now.

Josh & Luke can be twats too, but somehow you still can't help but like them a bit, whereas Tanya & Vito have zero redeeming qualities.

I'm still on catch-up. In the middle of the photo drama now. It's very addictive. 🙂

The cheating scandal is great stuff. Its pretty much the catalyst for all the drama yet to come this season too (still ongoing three weeks later anyway).

All a bit contrived imo. Just get on with thd building and less theatrics!

I'm all for the drama though, no matter how contrived it is.

• Advertisement

Getting near the end now. Can't wait for the auction - it's always the best episode. 🙂

Won't be sorry to see this season end tbh. Fed up with it now!

So that was a great 2 hours of TV for the auction!

Photo issue was awkwardly resolved. The issue with the reserve prices was a bit contrived (i.e. fake for the sake of adding drama). Made for good TV though.

The auction itself was as entertaining as always. I think Danny's nonsense with his bids (as annoying and childish as it was) really threw Frank off.

I think Ronnie was going to put a fist through a wall after the show ended. He was SO upset in the final segment (he was in tears). Nobody will ever volunteer to go first ever again.

Looks like a mix-up next year too - big plots of land in the country.

The auction episode for the Block New Zealand was on last weekend (after being off air for 2 months due to COVID) and has finally popped up online.

No major drama, they all did well out of it!

Advertisement