Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting my job

Options
  • 08-08-2021 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi everyone. So i'm currently working a part time summer job. I am going into second year of college. I told my manager during our interview i would work weekends when i start college however i got my timetable for college and it is very full on so me and my parents were talking and we agreed they college should be my no.1 priority. I have given my 2 weeks notice to my manager through email and i will be seeing her at work tomorrow. I am so scared how she's going to react. Please help

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

You're not the first person to leave, it happens all the time. You're perfectly entitled to do it.

As for how she'll react, you're out of there in a couple weeks so don't worry too much about it. It wold be good to keep her on-side in case you need her as a reference, so just try to be polite about it.

I would try to have a conversation with her about it if I were you, just to smooth it over, but that's just me.

Advertisement