Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating land registry maps

Options
  • 07-08-2021 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

In the middle of a house sale, and been taken by surprise to find out that the boundaries on the land registry maps have somehow slightly shifted from the original maps with the deeds. The land reg ones are incorrect and will need to be updated before the sale will go through.

no neighbours will dispute the issue etc, so hoping it’ll be straight forward but just wondering if anyone has experience of needing maps to be updated and how long this can take? Really hoping it won’t put our sale (or new purchase) at risk with too big a delay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 andy6

Hi, just to ask if you got sorted, as I'm facing a similar situation atm, thanks Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

My brother in law had an issue and it vwas resolved with the consent of the neighbour quite quickly. The key is to get the written consent of the owner of the affected folio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Sorry I hadn’t logged on in a while, but yes we did eventually get sorted. It was noticed at start of Aug and fixed at start of Oct.

As the last poster mentioned it was sped up because our neighbour was fully co-operative with the forms and permissions they had to give.

We did pester the land reg continually to keep it moving along. A painful process for something that was totally their fault!

Advertisement