Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hardy Bucks - Hollywood Movie II

Options
  • 07-08-2021 1:31am

How could they bring back The Hardy Bucks for a second movie on a budget (working from a plot line line they have not used before)? I've been a bit obsessed watching the series on Netflix for the last couple of years. Listened to the lads podcasts, seen '3 Bucks Left' live and love Tommy Shlug. Would love if they all came together to do something new (that didn't invole Eddie and Buzz winning the Lotto). Any fricking great idears?

(all intellectual property remains your own 😜)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I always thought they could pull off a Christmas carol with the viper as Scrooge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

To keep it topical.

All the boys descend on Castletown to attend a celebration for Salmon who has been appointed as general manager of the Hotel/Golf Course (which is actually a scam designed to have him take the fall for years of tax evasion.

An immediate Covid Lockdown is announced forcing everyone to limit themselves to essential travel only for at least 2 weeks.

The viper looks to profit on dubious Facebook posts proclaiming the benefits of a magical cure which is actually poteen diluted with flat 7-Up and filtered through Nitrogen Fertilizer which he has stolen from Uncle Micks farm.

For the first time in his life, Eddie Durkan puts serious effort in to trying to get a job just so he can have a cert for essential travel as he has been told there's a bar open in Ballina but the pandemic has limited employment to all but healthcare workers so he pretends that his Safepass training is actually a nursing assistant qualification and he gets a job in a retirement home which turns out is 48 hr on site assistance during which time, on his first shift, he is locked in and spends the night trying to break out of his place of work.

Buzz rents out rooms in cottage for people to quarantine in and looks to maximise profits by putting 2 bunkbeds in each room.

Frenchtoast announces that the Pandemic was foretold in the bible and it's Gods way of letting people know they've been on the wrong path.

The Boo is running an undercover gym disguised as a Covid testing centre.

The pandemic makes Noreen realise how short life really is and she explores getting back with Eddie, who has broken up with Ciara, and making a go of it. Eddie is keen but when Ciara realises what is going on, she starts to show interest in Eddie again but only if he can convince Noreen to let Ciara join them. Eddie is eager but doubtful, but the boo gives him guidance which boils down to not telling Noreen until Ciara actually joins them some night. It does not end well.

(yes, I did put way too much time in to writing this)

Francis Higgins is a comedy genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Happy enough with Francis Higgins continuing with what he's doing.

As a poster has already said he's a comedy genius. His streams on YouTube can reach heights of surrealistic ecstasy, each one is an adventure, such creativity. If there was any justice he'd be huge, but he seems happy enough being a cult figure and doing his own thing

And then there's the other things with characters like Tommy Shlug:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Shlug live stream from Galway was great, but my idea my living hell at the same time, can't imagine we'll see him do another one like it.

The Shlug character is great, the time he spent surrounded by auld lads in pubs wasn't time wasted.

I agree. You have to throw some credit Chris Tordoff's way too though.

Vipers View for RT on YouTube is absolutely amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

They relaunch the careers of the Hardy Bucks and the Kardashians by bringing them together and cross-pollinating the fanbase.

Buzz wakes up from a feed of pints to find he has shtupped one aul wan too many:- Bruce/Caitlin or Eddie/Edwina. The camera angle makes it vague and leads into another sequel...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Thought the the last series of Hardy Bucks was so bad they might as well knock it on the head, given that some of them are pushing 40, it's probably coming towards a natural end anyway.

The Shenmue streams were amazing, the gameplay was like Grand Theft Auto, if you stripped away all the elements that made it remotely enjoyable, and yet I found myself transfixed watching him go through that world day after day, his reactions to the bizarre dialogue was entertaining as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

They could take the whole St Patrick video (one of their best) and bring it to Saudi Arabia and do a tell-all with Mohammed. Plenty of Stella Artois to grease the ratings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw that Salmon guy got married in real life

There's hope out there i suppose

Advertisement