Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook account hacked, 2 step verification added

Options
  • 05-08-2021 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Fit to pull my hair out here. My facebook account was hacked in middle of night last Monday.

I managed to get the password changed, but the hacker has changed my phone number from the account, and now when I try to log in in I brought to a page that says 'Generate a code from your autentifcation app and enter it to log in'

I can get this code sent to mobile number, but hacker has changed mobile number on account.

Customer service or literally anyone to contact in facebook seems impossible.

Is there anything that can be done? I use this facebook page for the school page that I work in as well so its very important 😥

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Did u ever manage to get this sorted ??? Am having the same problem myself now , do maddening, like you I use it for groups that I’m in , so need access . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

I did. Literally through a friend of a friend of a friend who works in Facebook in the US. Without that I would have been fucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Oh God … u couldn’t give me any tips … or an email address / phone number that someone will actually respond too as I’m still without mine & I use it for various clubs & I have no access to messenger either .. which is a complete nightmare.

Thanks

Advertisement