Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Estate - Area etc

Options
  • 05-08-2021 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I am looking to get some help, I am looking at buying a house in Ennis, and would like to know what's a good area in Ennis.

I was looking at a house in Lissaniska Estate on the Lahinch Road. Does anyone knows this estate... The Pros /Cons.

Would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MichelleC3134

Does anyone have any information on this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Deagol

The estate north of that one has some fairly rough types in it - there's a bit of anti-social behaviour there but it's minor enough stuff at the moment. Take a drive around the other estates there and make you're mind up on how much of an issue it might be in the future. Lot of young families in the area so will be lively in a few years time :)

Thank you for your comment appreciate the feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'd describe it as sort of middling. Not bad but some of the surrounding areas wouldn't be fantastic.

What areas would you be referring to? or could you recommend some nice areas to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Deagol

Hi, don't want to give you the wrong idea - the area you mentioned (Lissaniska) is fine but there is a lot of new build's going up on the other side of the river and I have no idea how that will be marketed etc. In general though that area is fine and I'm assuming it's within your budget. If you want to be more certain of a better area then you will need to pay a lot more - location, location, location :)

I'll put it another way, if one of my kids was buying in that area I wouldn't be advising them against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Some of Drumcliff road over the river, Dun na Hinse to the south.

If I was recommending areas I'd say a decent rule of thumb is 1 mile out of town.

Advertisement