Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector for log cabin

Options
  • 03-08-2021 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

We got a log cabin in the garden for work during covid (like half the country), but plan on also using it as a den. Good internet set up. So we are looking at adding a projector or screen for netflix, but I have some really basic questions.

The interior is 3.6m x 2.6m, which gives us 3.6m between shelves (not yet installed) above a couch at one end and window blinds (not yet installed) at the other. So I am thinking a projector on the shelf, facing the blinds to be be used as the screen.

Is there a reasonable projector at around the €250 to €300 range? Is this reasonable https://www.did.ie/philips-neopix-ultra-2-hd-home-projector-silver-npx642-int-npx642-int-prd

Would the distances work?

Can the back of an ikea black-out-blind work as a screen? Or should I just buy a screen, to be pulled down over the blinds?

I presume I will need to buy a decent soundbar too.

Other option would be to mount a tv, but space is limited on the walls, and it would be blocking windows etc.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement