Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Burner

Options
  • 02-08-2021 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi folks,

My oil went a couple of days without me knowing and the timer was set for an hour here and there so the motor was going.

I got a fill of oil and bleed the system, the system ignited no problem and the rads started to heat up but about 20 mins later they went cold even though the heating was still running.

I checked the burner again and it seems to be igniting no problem but after 15 mins the burning stops but the burner continues to go!! So no ignition or burning, i’m guessing that it should have stopped then re-ignited a few minutes later.

is this a thermostat issue??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Most likely a dirty or failed photo cell. Problem often due to poor servicing.

Great time of year to get a service. Techs not busy yet. That usually starts with a return to school.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Cheers for the reply. It was services back last year so problem probably occurred due to motor running and no oil??

mid this something that has to be done on a service? Or is it manageable to change myself?

It should be inspected and cleaned on a service. It can be broken even while looking clean.

What boiler and burner do you have?

It’s a firebird

Do you have a pic of the boiler AND the burner?

• Advertisement

Advertisement