Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: pest identification

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Deub

Could it be slugs?

check under some stones, woods, anything they could hide under. They shouldn’t be far

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Hi, thanks, I checked for slugs but I generally don't have many in the garden. I don't know why - maybe it's because they are raised beds, but I'm pretty sure it's not slugs.

On closer inspection I found a few caterpillars on the turnips, but just a few. They could well have done the damage in that area.

I'll go out later tonight and do a slug check. I've DE powder for the chickens, might get that onto the lot to see can I salvage some of what's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

I've been advised to try "Bacillus thuringiensis" to thwart the caterpillars. I can't find it in the local garden center or b&q/Woodies. Can anyone advise where to buy?

Thanks

Advertisement