Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Wake.

• 01-08-2021 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,591 ✭✭✭✭

With lock down relaxing, maybe a more knowledgeable poster could organise a wake (piss up) for the old site , preferably before everyone leaves . Good idea ??

Comments

Yea It's like real life when some arsehole dies and everyone makes out like they were always a saint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Are boardsies contrary fúckers in real life too? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,591 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yes , but at least you’ll be able to have a pint stewing on the post 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Actually come to think of it, watching the intellectual heavyweights dissing out the armchair psychology at one another while pissed could be entertaining.

• Advertisement

Do flatter them, its all a bit of craic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MowldyCabbage

Might as well wait a few weeks and have a wake for the new site too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Are they aware how bad the new site is I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Can we just use this thread to discuss what platform we can use to talk complete and total **** now that boards.ie has been destroyed by gowl admins?

Bebo would be an improvement on this current **** up of a message board. Bebo from 2001 would be a big improvement like. Genuinely.

It was a better site when it was down for a full week for migration (again because of laughably bad admins).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,383 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rather than a piss up or a wake we could have a seance. It would have a better result imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The employees have been popping in occasionally in some of the threads in the feedback forum, I'm sure they are well aware of how absolutely rubbish the new site is.

Basically from what has been said the old site wasn't making any money, so this is where we are now - a totally shyte new version that will be cheaper to run. I don't think it really matters how much traffic from their perspective is lost over the whole fiasco as long as there's enough people knocking around to justify boards continuing.

I was as disgusted as everyone else when we came back to this, but after that first flush of emotion I thought, okay, okay, it's a work in progress and boards will still be boards... But a month down the line I'd be a lot more pessimistic. Nothing has changed, site is still basically broken and forums are dead on their arse. Feels rudderless, with nobody in charge or giving a sht. It's a bad situation.

I feel like boards is going to be left to rot or could easily just be folded up within the next 6-12 months. I honestly didn't think that, deep down, a month ago. I thought the fixes would come, but reading between the lines from what's been said I don't actually think that's going to happen. This is it, apart from maybe a few tweaks. And rolling it back isn't going to happen either, the site closing full stop is more likely than that. It's sad, but what can you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

we can reminisce about old posters like pighead

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I was thinking more Friends Reunited but I’m willing to hear your Bebo suggestion first

Advertisement