Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a car Dublin

Options
  • 31-07-2021 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Apart from the Airport where in Dublin is a good place to rent a car, I'd imagine Dublin Airport is quite expensive, we are heading over to Ireland in a few weeks and my brother in law is joining us, he has never been to IReland and would like to hire a car for a day to take a day trip to the west ....

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

80E a day for a car is normal ?

Seems like ICelandic or Norway prices, I guess thats its short notice and August and the great rip off "Staycation" summer .... doesn't help ..

Rental prices collapsed (like they starting clearing stock) at the start of Covid but have rebounded up past where they used to be due to having less stock in, combined with an upsurge in demand. Mate is home at the minute and I think he's paying 1200 for 16(?) days for a Supermini. Airport prices tend to be pretty much inline with the city places but are much more convenient (and open on Sundays :P) but yeah, the prices have gone up and bargains don't seem to exist for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Cheers, 170e for 2 days between 3 of us is not bad value anyway ...

Advertisement