Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bring my 2011 Range Rover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 landymansam

Hi all, sorry to resurrect a thread, but...

I'm moving to Ireland (county Galway) soon from the UK to join my partner, and I want to bring my 2011 Range Rover with me. We want to end up buying a smallholding so the Rangie will be a useful tool down the line for towing and general farm duties as well as being a daily drive.

I understand that I can get exemption from VRT on the Range as it's my own personal car, and I've owned it for more than 6 months in the UK. I also understand that I will have up to 12 months to drive it in Ireland before I have to register it on Irish plates.

When it comes to road tax though, will I able to register it as a commercial / crew cab? If we have to remove the rear seats we will, but ideally we'd like to keep it as a 5 seater.

Cheers,

Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭User1998

7 seaters can be converted to 5 seat commercials, 5 seaters can only be converted to 2 seater commercials

At least with the newer shape Range Rovers anyway

Advertisement