Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin airport lounge

• 30-07-2021 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

I noticed the Dublin airport lounge only costs €20. Any idea what's included or why it's so cheap? I doubt it includes a fry and a couple of pints for that price.

I actually like Dub airports main restaurant as well as the cafe so haven't tried the lounge before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Food is very basic, soup and sandwiches most of the day. Pastries and yoghurt, crisps and biscuits. There was supposed to be a 2 drink limit when it was self service but you could usually get a few more. It's table service now so possibly strict on limits. No taps so bottles and cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Think I'll just do my usual fry and pint in the restaurant.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The food options are basic enough but nice all the same. I'd pay the €20 alone for a comfortable seat and the relative peace and quiet. You can definitely make back your money on the drink (or at least you could before Covid, haven't been since Covid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I would normally pay it at this time of year but didn't last week and was glad. Airport was so quiet, it didn't justify the need for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Bit of an update...... Fry and 2 pints, followed by a butlers coffee and chocolate.

Dublin airport is one of the nicer ones. I've been in airports with no natural light and crappy food courts with a long walk to a gate with no facilities and not enough seats..... so couldn't justify a barebones lounge pass when airport food and facilities were so good.

Actually only time i went for lounge pass was a Gatwick connecting flight with a Groupon deal. Was definitely worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement