Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Thur 29th July 2021

Options
  • 29-07-2021 4:08pm

1st race 4.35

Very cramped at the top of the betting, with the top 3 ranging in price from 6/4 to 9/4. Of these, I think Farout @ 2/1 has the best chance of winning. Is a very short price though, so have chanced 2 ew at bigger prices.

Going is declared as good, so on that basis I like ILMIG for Mrs Harrington at 14/1. He's had 5 hurdles' starts, and has shown glimmers of ability in a couple of his first 4; which were all on soft or heavy going, having come placed twice. It wasn't until his most recent outing that he's gotten his head in front. That was on good ground at Cork, and looks fine to me. I'm not understanding the drift - was 8/1 earlier it appears - as a replication of his Cork run should see him go close.

Next one is more speculative, and that is Ted Walsh's HANOI JANE, who can be backed at 100/1. This filly has had 3 races so far, and they've all been at about 2m 3f. In those races, it seems that she has been involved in them for a long way, as she raced keen, or up with the pace. Perhaps the shorter trip might see her try and make all, although there will likely be competition if she does so, but one never knows with T M Walsh, and a big priced placer from him at this festival couldn't be considered a major surprise.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

6.45 Galway

Will chance CONVARA 20/1 ew here. His first go over hurdles in almost 2yrs, has ran well after an absence before, and may well be rejuvenated on his first run for his latest stable. Was hoping he'd be a massive price owing to his recent form, but at a reasonable double figure price, he'll do me here. He's a course winner from a chasing victory last July, and came 4th at the course in a hurdles' race the previous July in a race over a marginally longer trip than today's. He has also won before on the back of a 6mths + absence.

6.15 Guinness Galway Hurdle

6/1 the field, and about a third of them at single figures. Hard to find a big priced winner here methinks. A lot of these have plenty of good form in the book from the last few years. Will take a chance on a younger one in the hopes that he might be progressive. With that in mind I've plumped for Hogan's 4yr old ZOFFANIEN ew @ 33/1 . He ran on Monday in the 2m amateur flat race, and finished down the field without ever being involved, having been held up out the back. Was only beaten about 11 lengths that day, so nothing at all wrong with that. It's over the sticks today, and I can see him being more prominently ridden. He came a good 4th in a 4yr old race behind Jeff Kidder at Punchestown in May, and, as recent form goes that is good enough for me. Good ground a concern, as he might prefer it a bit softer. Maybe Denis is doing a raindance 😅 hahaha

not race related.

I got to ask myself: "How often do I hear or use eg the word 'wellington/s' ?". Not very often... Another word that I reckon I'd use or should hear a similar amount of times is that ailment related one that begins with 'c'..... And it's not the one that wasn't started in a Wuhan wetmarket.... It's effing relentless this.... Shut the fk up Gleeson ya kernt! 😦 At every and any opportunity these media fu(kers won't shut the fcuk up about sickness... Bloody relentless - not unlike the recent get vaccinated propoganda... Bunch of media hoooooooorrrrrrrrs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Jane or Brian? ... hard to pick between the two. Both are torture to listen to

Gleeson is worse than Mangan imo... Jane is no Alex Hammond for sure 😁

• Advertisement

7.45 Galway

At 25/1 Cooldine Bog is a decent ew bet here. Trainer Andy Slattery & jockey Cathel Landers have a good strike rate recently too. COOLDINE BOG appears to be versatile regarding how he's ridden (though he probably prefers to frontrun) , and has a good piece of form from last July, when coming third to Flooring Porter last July at Gowran .

BANBRIDGE @ 5/2 is good enough for me in this. Won his last 2 races on soft, but good ground should be as good or better, as he showed when winning his bumper convincingly at Killarney on good to yielding.

Ultima Thule can go close, but has no real appeal at the prices. Will take a punt on WATERGRANGE JACK @ 40/1 ew who's drifted out to a decent price now. Came a decent 3rd lto at Kilbeggan, and was staying on over a couple of furlongs shorter.

Changed the thread to the right day 😁

Knew I fqd up, but didn't realise it could be changed...

My bad 😕

Advertisement