Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Week EPG on satellite

Options
  • 29-07-2021 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

In recent times, I can only get one week's EPG, when it used to be two weeks. I'm on OpenATV 6.4 on a Gigablue 4k UHD quad. I've a daily refresh set up, with a 15 day window. I've tried various providers, but no change. Manual scanning doesn't help.

Anyone know if the the issue is with the providers (ot if there is a specific provider I should scan), or likely to be on my end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The satellite derived EPG for Uk channels is only 7 days. Perhaps you were using some web based EPG?

However European satellites such as 19E use a different system with up to 30day EPGs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I'm on 28E, and using the UK Rytec sources. That's no other choices on the box.

I think with OpenATV 6.2 or 6.3 had other providers, which may explain it.

Any idea of another way to get another EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If you are using the crossEPG plugin it can be configured to use "openTV" which is based on the Sky data (I think) That is for a rolling 7 day EPG. I haven't used web based sources for years because they were too unreliable, so can't advise you on them.

Advertisement