Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Courier / Man with Van to pick up a bike in the UK

• 28-07-2021 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭

Eyeing up a bike on eBay which is located in Plymouth.

Seller is happy to pack it up and meet a courier etc but not bothered with booking it / any brexit related paperwork.

Anyone got a lead or contact?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Pre-Brexit I’ve used dpd via parcel2go.

Nowadays there’s tariff codes and duty etc to think about but I’d imagine it can still be done albeit with additional cost and hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

It would want to be a really good deal or very desirable bike to take on the potential for the extra hassle now involved with UK purchases, via legit channels or otherwise?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what would be the difference in the paperwork - if any - if buying secondhand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

It’s a reasonable deal and we’d like to have it. However I’m not sure if the seller’s patience is going to last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Recently got a bike collected from London and delivered to me in Greystones. Can’t recommend the service highly enough. About 4 days door to door via Northern Ireland. Legit service and not expensive. UPS also offer a service that works out at about £85.

@WOT - if interested I’ll pm you with details of the service I used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

PM would be appreciated, I’m struggling to get the cost to below £100 with any of my queries.

Advertisement