Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart TV - adjusting subtitles

Options
  • 28-07-2021 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I've got a non-smart tv with a Engima2 combo box; one of major things I like about the E2 software is that you can adjust the subtitle positioning/font/colour etc... (I am Deaf so I have subtitles automatically enabled). This feature comes in really handy, especially when watching a sports match - I'd move the subtitle position to be at the very bottom of the screen so I get to enjoy commentary without the subtitles blocking the player/ball.

I am now looking to buy a smart tv with built in tuners as I want to mount it onto the wall. From my very limited experiences of using smart tvs, it would seem that as far as subtitles are concerned, there's nothing much beyond enabling/disabling them?

Would anyone have any knowledge on how adjustment of subtitles can be achieved on smart TVs?

Advertisement