Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get shiplap tile?

Options
  • 27-07-2021 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I have seen this type of tile on American interior decorator programmes, and absolutely love it. It doesn't seem to feature much here though. Does anyone know where I could buy some? Is it called something different here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I was looking for it a few years ago for the bathroom and kitchen in a previous home, no joy after emailing a good few places.

Might be something that has to be bought up north

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭20/20

Can you put up a pic of the tile.?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Galbin

These are examples of shiplap tiles:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Not sure its actually tile.

This blog talks about how they achieved that look in your pictures

https://www.savvyinteriors.com/designblog/shiplapshower

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Galbin

Apparently, it is called panelling in Ireland. :) So now I just have to research the waterproof versions.

Thanks for the links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I think its called siding or fibre cement siding, paneling is normally used to describe a type interior wood detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Shiplap is a type of tongue and groove. Originally made from separate planks that are overlapping but can be replicated with panelling. Our tongue and groove is often with a v-shaped indentation where shiplap it is more squared off.

Advertisement