Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

separated for 2 years question

Options
  • 27-07-2021 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭

Hi, confused about the separated for two years before applying for divorce rule, How is this officially counted? For example myself and wife might have been sleeping in separate rooms for 4 years, do we just sign affidavits to this effect or is there some other method? How do we prove it? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

So after a long time reading I think I need a separation agreement first and this will outlines the date on which the couple started living apart. If anyone one finds this wrong please comment and let me know, I am only starting this process after 16 years of marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

I did the separate rooms then living apart thing.

As long as you both agree there is no issue, or way to verify it either.

Advertisement