Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance questions

Options
  • 27-07-2021 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I'm aware that we are allowed up to 13 weeks of being without health insurance before getting a new health insurance. If we leave it any longer we will have waiting periods, etc. As my premium has gone up and I'm in decent health, I decided to avail of some of that 13-week break before renewal.

However, I dropped into my details on the Laya health insurance website and it seems to still be covering me. This is despite my emailing them in June to cancel it from 1 July on, and accordingly not paying the premium.

First, what, precisely, is the customer's status if something happens in those 13 weeks? As it happens, despite having 13 weeks, I'm going to renew from 1 August (as an annual payment in August suits me better). Second, is there any disadvantage in terms of cover in paying from 1 August/breaking with my old policy number, rather than backdating it to 1 July?

Grma/Tks.

Advertisement