Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best price to get lenses into frames you have?

• 27-07-2021 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭

I have some glass frames and want to get lenses put in. I already got this done in one place on 3 pairs of glasses and it seems to be really expensive. Admittedly I did get progressive lenses and photo reactive lenses which do cost more. Single lenses with nothing special were €50 but the photo sensitive progressive lenses coast €250. It seems a bit expensive but I just needed them in a hurry so didn't argue. Where are the best prices to get this done. Specssavers don't do any other frames than their own and I also loath thier stores and staff as it is always a hard sales technique.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

For varifocal transitions, €250 is actually a really cheap price for the lenses.

Cost price on them is very high for the optician. Varifocals are bespoke lenses made to your individual measurements in a lab and hence are always going to cost a lot more than off-the-shelf stock single vision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I get lenses are made individually using standard equipment in their labs. It does appear if I bought glasses in certain stores the lenses would be cheaper. I did discover another opticians charge less for single focal lenses at €45 instead of €50 I was charged.

Just wondering is their cheaper prices given googles4U seem to charge a lot less for varied focal. Are their lenses bad quality?

I don't think googles4U will put the lenses into your frames though will they? I may be wrong I didn't think anyone would. I have old frames which fit grand but out of date lenses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

yeah you would be wrong. Go into an opticians other than Specsavers and most will which is what I did. Gogles4u don't appear to do lensing as a service but their prices are a lot less is their any quality difference?

ok thanks didn't know that. I have no experience of goggles4u

• Advertisement
Advertisement