Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which broker should I use?

• 26-07-2021 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Looking to buy ETH and BTC.

I've heard good things about coinbase and binance. I want to just invest once and leave it, ideally low fees

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Coinbase is the easiest. If it's just a once off I wouldn't worry too much fees. They only eat into profit if you try to trade.

Binnance has too many question marks over it right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Coinbase fees are pretty expensive. Crypto.com has no fees I don't think, albeit they charge a little bit on the spread. Good staking options for ETH and BTC if that's what you're after too.

I still use Binance with no issues and has a fantastic alt coin selection and great altcoin staking too. Fees are negligible and even less if you pay them in their native Binance Coin token.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

You can buy ETH and BTC in the Revolut app if you want super-easy

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Binance is the best option. Other have terrible spread

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sparkletooth

First of all, if you just want to "invest and forget about it", get yourself a cold storage wallet. Leaving your coins on a centralised exchange is a really, really bad idea. There are also yield earning options depending on your risk tolerance. Celsius Network are the best of the CeFi platforms when it comes to APY rates, transparency and business model.

• Advertisement

Revolut, like RobinHood and etoro are not good options as you don't have control of the coins you buy on those platforms. You will have to sell and rebuy on a dedicated Crypto exchange if you want more control, which will trigger a taxable event.

Kraken, Gemini and FTX are all good CEX alternatives to Coinbase and Binance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Celsius take ownership of your coins when you deposit with them, probably not a big deal but if you're worried about that kind of thing, you might want to look into some other options.

Nexo is my favourite and has slightly better rates than celsius, plus a good range of tokens and an in-app exchange. I use both nexo and celsius, as well as crypto.com and yield.app. blockfi is also popular but I haven't used it myself

Offline, in cold storage, is the safest but for smaller amounts probably isn't worth it

I know all about the "not your keys" narrative and agree in the main. I put my trust in Celsius though as I've done my due diligence and am active in the community.

Careful taking loans with nexo. They liquidate without margin calls all the time. Pretty shady imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Hadn't heard that about nexo liquidating loans but I'll keep an eye out, cheers. I got an email from them a few days ago about some new way of dealing with loans so you don't get liqualidated but I only use them for staking so I didn't read it fully. I find there are far better loan rates outside of the current cefi/defi options anyway

Advertisement