Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway 26th July

Options
  • 25-07-2021 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭

Galway festival starts tomorrow and it has to be said that whoever picked the race order for the RTE coverage should be kept away from that job in the future. Three poor handicaps along with the showcase Amateur handicap. I'm amazed they didn't move the maiden race that opens the card to the 3rd and 4th race as it can be an interesting race with some decent winners in its history. I know Galway was never really about the quality of the racing barring the Plate and the Hurdle but this must be the lowest quality card they've had in a long time.

My Sister Sarah could be well in for the Amateur handicap I reckon. Ever a Dream is also of interest for the 6:45.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

In fairness it woudl be impossible to find 4 good races in a row in Galway, its just bog standard Irish fare, with 1 maybe 2 decent race per day. Worst so called festival meeting of the year by some distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Ciel D'afrique (2nd here to Mt.Leinster) , Razdan (Draw & money for it)  , Exchange Rate(Low weigh W.Mullins) & Fridtjof Nansen (gut) EW Lucky 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Anyone got a fancy for the 6.45? I have already got the winners picked for the other 6 races!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

6.15 Galway

Will chance COLTOR here. Only 4 and is having his first go on ground that is a bit better than soft. It does appear that he wants some cut though. A good jockey up in Finny Maguire, sports first time tonguestrap, and hasn't been beaten very far in any of his 4 hurdles' races so far. Appeals on the Weld factor, could be unexposed, and the aforementioned good jockey booking. Will do me ew @ 12/1 5 places.

• Advertisement

^^

A peach from Finny 😁 Never say die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

^^^^

Don't know about that! Looked nailed on in the last 40 or so yards 😁 Thought he was booked for a place on the home stretch, up until inside the last 1/2f or so. Then he goes for a gap (that either wasn't there, or had disappeared) on rail about 70/80yds from line... Looked over for him then, but Finny brought him outside, where he found plenty for pressure, and wins - 'Going Away' ... Best horse wins, but if it weren't for the jockey, I'd have been cussing at the TV 😋

Advertisement