Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spam Gmail

Options
  • 25-07-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Since the new layout arrived a large amount of my Boards emails are going to my spam folder also I am getting emails every few minutes even when I did not ask a question or post anything.Is this something that can be solved.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

Thanks for that,but some emails are still going into spam.Also if I turn something off how do I know if I get a reply,never happened on the old setup

That would be done from the Gmail side of things. Open the email that’s in spam, press the three dot option and then ‘not spam’. Gmail will then know not to send emails from that origin to spam again.

I tried to change that with spam but why do 17 emails go to spam from boards and 19 go to my inbox.Some of the emails in spam and inbox are from the same people.I turned off most of the notifications but this never happened before.

Still getting messages in my Spam folder,anyone else having problems.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm getting half my emails in spam too, but I'm on yahoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Interesting question and I'm not sure it can be resolved. A few months back I had terrible problems with notifications from Boards, it became intolerable, delayed notifications, Notifications from threads actually closed, more for responses for posts I'd made weeks previously. Some were coming in at ungodly hours.

There was no resolution so I had to disable all notifications, this action doesn't stop notifications for PM"S.

Prior to doing this, I got so fed up, I moved boards notifications into spam on my Gmail account. I've noticed that PM notifications continue to go to spam, I too have tried everything to reverse this to no avail. It's not a major issue as I can see them on Boards touch site.

I continue to stop other notifications from boards through my dashboard setting3as I don't believe the issue was fully resolved re unwanted general notifications. I wasn't alone having this issue but it wasn't, I believe a site wide problem, just a number of user's impacted. So despite reporting Boards notifications not spam, they continue to be classified as spam on Gmail, I'm guessing because of my earlier decision.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Hopefully at some stage the person who should be doing his/her job will read our posts.This never happened on the old platform.Something at the Boards end,a letter, a coma, a fullstop. etc must be in the wrong place causing the messages to be read as Spam.Lets wait ans see.

Advertisement