Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Vintage Bianchi frameset, with added elbow grease needed, 53cm.

Options
  • 25-07-2021 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Perfect for preservation, or restoration.

No cracks or bent tubes, but plenty of age related ''patina''. I'm guessing late 80s/early 90s, based on the rear spacing and vertical dropouts.

53cm. 130mm rear spacing, Italian BB threading.

There's a stuck seatpost that someone has tried to remove (no frame or lug damage) and the fixed BB cup is still in the frame, so I'm guessing a bit of ingenuity/swearing will be required, so priced accordingly.

Plenty of elbow grease, a couple of new decals, and a modern groupset/wheels, would make this one seriously cool neo-retro build.

All things considered, and even with its issues, it's a Bianchi, in original Celeste paint, with a toptube number hanger, so it's no gaspipe pretender.

Based in Waterford, but delivery within reason can be arranged.

€100.

Post edited by 8valve on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this'd be the one i might have been interested in - but a stuck seatpost with no leverage is quite a mountain to climb.

the frame does not seem to be making contact with the seatpost at the lugs - is that the seatpost bent in rather than the frame bent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Just went in and had a closer look. The drive side part of the seat post lug is actually bent slightly away from the seat post. Once the post is out, this can be bent back into correct position. This one would require either the caustic soda removal method or the "pizza slice" cutting method with a hacksaw blade, cutting the seat post into sections from the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭1971bsb

Is this still available? When you say 53cm frame, is that the seat tube or top tube? What is the top tube and head tube length? What tubing do you reckon it is made from? I'm tempted but the ton of elbow grease and copious swearing required for seat post and bottom bracket have me hesitating!

Hi, still available.

Seat tube is 53, centre to top, 51 centre to centre.

Top tube is 53 centre to centre.

Head tube is 95mm total length.

No idea on tubing; Bianchi used a myriad of tubes from different manufacturers. safe to say it's not gaspipe if it has got a number hanger under top tube.

I'm selling these frames for more or less what they cost me to get them here from the continent.

I'm not in it as a get-rich-quick scheme; I want more of ye restoring and riding vintage bikes, as I do, so ye can also enjoy this fantastic hobby!

Imagine the satisfaction of fitting your new seatpost and bottom bracket, once you've cleaned up this gorgeous frame to its former glory.

Smugness, satisfaction and smiles, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭1971bsb

Still mulling it over, I have an old Peugeot Optimum that I'm about to pair with a set of Giant forks, all to be resprayed same colour. But this is teasing me, as I like old frames with a bit of class. Kinda lucky you are in Waterford, that makes it awkward for collecting, means I have to add courier cost.

• Advertisement

No worries; if you are any where between Waterford and Dublin, or Waterford and Cork, I can throw it in the van, as I'm there every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arderra

Hi. 8valve. Interested but would like to take a look if ok. Based in Mooncoin so not too far away.

Mods please close.

Advertisement