Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Query regarding bathroom vent

Options
  • 24-07-2021 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

I am going to complete an en-suite upgrade and have a query regarding a bathroom vent which I want to create.

To get to the existing roof, the pipework would need to go through an attic space (approx) 600mm vertically, turn through 45 degrees, and run for 1.3-1.5m (will confirm exact dimensions but at a guess, I suspect this will be all) on to a pitched roof. I have 3 queries on this

1. What sort of extractor fan would this require? (I've read up about centrifugal fans and that seems to be the better job, I don't want any risk of having a extractor fan which won't adequately clear the room or won't have enough pressure to pump all the steam out).
    2. What sort of roof tile replacer cowl would I need?
    3. Would there be a potential problem with water running back down this pipe, particularly on cold days? If so, would I need to install a condensation trap to prevent a problem with water dripping back down into the bathroom (I am expecting to use rigid ducting rather than flexible stuff for it)

Note I am not intending doing the work myself, rather I am just wanting to prove in my own mind that this will work!

Advertisement