Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white or clear sealant

Options
  • 24-07-2021 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

Ive to take out all of the existing clear sealant around a plastic shower tray.#its all gone off colour and looks awful but i think there is also a leak.

its currently a clear sealant but i think replacing it with a white version should improve its looks

Is there any difference between the white or clear versions , what would be a recommended brand or will they all do the same job?

Is it worth paying an extra few euros because of a brand name - is their an ingredient it should have to?

Thanks

Comments

I recently redid mine with Tec7 - honestly the main reason I used it is because my Da swears by it, but I did see that it says it has fungal resistance which sounded good to me. It's held up the last couple months absolutely fine and looks way better than the old stuff did. Like you I was replacing discoloured clear with white and it's a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭wiz569

Dow Corning silicone is the only one I'd use, it has a fungicide so will last year's if done correctly, also white looks far better than clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Get one of these as well, YouTube have a few videos how to use them. Leaves a great finish.

Advertisement