Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

John's Garage Irish YouTube Channel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

The thing is though would anyone have gone to the lengths of solving the ecu issues, probably not.

New project up tomorrow, I got sight unseen, arranged for it to go directly in for an NCT but you'll need to watch to see what happened.

I'd love to take on a more difficult project, but I'm enjoying rescuing cars which would probably otherwise be scrapped

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The trade wouldn't cause the money wasn't in it but your typical guy that buys cheap without test and sell with test would probably have a go.

There must be thousands of similar cars out there that could be given new life again. I always think its sad seeing good cars just abandoned then scrapped.

It's NEW PROJECT time on John's Garage, a viewer kindly donated this Land Rover FREElander for me to bring back to life. Naturally I did the right thing and took it after looking at 4 photos and got it booked for an NCT/MOT within days without ever actually seeing it.........it went as you'd expect!

Bit of a result there - Considering they were trouble when new.

• Advertisement

I got lucky but a few jobs have cropped up including that knocking noise which will be sorted Friday. It's really surprised me, I genuinely was expecting it to go straight to the scrap yard. A change in my circumstances means its actually become my daily for the foreseeable future!

Tonight on John's Garage I take a look around and drive of a 1990 Volvo 240 GL Saloon, theres so much to talk about with this car so the video is a little longer than usual but hope you enjoy it all the same. Video will be up around 7pm.

Tonight on John's Garage, I take a look around and drive of a Lopel/Vauxhallus Elise220 Turbo Speedster.....or something like that, it's epic mind

It's Christmas week so I had to get a colourful car out for this week, I'll try get one more out before the big day.

This week it's the turn of a views Vauxhall VX220 Turbo, try to figure out if I like this over looked sports car.

Would love to read some comments under the video, let me know if you like how the channel is progressing and of course, Happy Christmas.

Not the easiest thing to fit into without making a Pratt of yourself from experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it’s anything like it’s Lotus Elise cousin, I’d agree

It's impossible to enter gracefully with the roof on, that much I can categorically say. With the roof off, I managed to master it after capturing my entry in the video, you literally walk in while catching the top of the windscreen and lower yourself down in one single swoop.

Otherwise, it's a case of fall in and crawl out with the roof on.

Merry Christmas and a Happy P0201 to everyone for 2023. I hope your day has been as *interesting ​​​​​​​ * as mine 

Anyone get anything motor related for Christmas? 

Happy New Year! 

We're back with our first video for 2023 tomorrow. 

Tomorrows review will involve much grunting, me not ever finding 4th gear and many references to manly men. 

Tomorrow. I'm driving a 1954 Morris Commercial LC5 Truck.....as featured in Heartbeat

This week we take a trip back to the Private Motor Museum in Tipperary to sample the Morris Commercial LC 5 truck which featured in the TV series Heartbeat. 

Once you've watched this weeks review why not check out the full museum tour and find out how you can visit too on the video linked under the Morris review. 

It's a HUNK OF MICHIGAN STEEL this week on John's Garage in the form of a 5.0 V8 Lincoln Towncar.  

I look around the car, talk about the model and this cars history and the owner tells us why its such a meaningful car for him! 

Enjoy 

It's filning time again, cars wanted to feature on John's Garage, filming will be taking place in Nenagh Feb 11th to 16th.

Everything from an Aston to a Zastava is welcome, new, old, show queens and well used and much loved cars, pretty much anything welcome.

DM me if interested

This week I come right up to date (well I did last June when it was launched/filmed) with the new Peugeot 308. In comepletly standard form I reckon it's nicer car to drive than the current Focus and VW Golf (deride me). 

Don''t forget to subscribe and also remember I'm looking for cars to film again soon, anything goes! 

My weekend isn't over either........

Is a 2017 NIssan GTR considered a supercar? Don't want to claim it is if it isn't. 

Oh, and let me know if you want to see/know anything in them. 

Well the inspiration for the Nissan Juke was fun

• Advertisement

This week on John's Garage, we have an Irish exclusive, a review of the DS9 saloon. This is 1 of 4 in the country and I've been told no other reviewer has video reviewed it on Irish roads, and as far as I can tell, no Irish reviewer has reviewed it outside Ireland also! 

Anyway, what is the DS9 225 ETense Performance Line?

It's the French* Flagship luxury saloon, or Goddess of our generation, sit back, relax and enjoy this exlusive! 

*Assembled in China!

Post edited by ba_barabus on

Due to simply massive demand, I'm going to bring forward the full review of the ex Peugeot Factory museum Peugeot 405 GTX Estate with 1700 miles from new to tomorrow morning at 8am.

Please make sure to subscribe to see it first as I'll be away filming and may not get to post links tomorrow.

This one is BIG

In case you missed it, check out this amazing 1995 Peugeot 405 GTX estate with 1700 miles from new. Review now in 4K HD so for better clarityon your TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

That 405 is a peach! Great video.

A little preview of an upcoming review, turn your volume up!

Something LOUD, something FAST, something that made me DIZZY from the GForce under acceleration

A Nissan GTR R35 with 670BHP

Hi Folks. I'm looking for cars/projects/barnfinds which I can film for upcoming episodes of John's Garage. I'm putting together a filming schedule for between April and August. Maybe you have a car in the garage for years that you want gone? Maybe you're half way through a project and would like to show it and get help? Maybe you've got something very special you'd be happy to show others. I'd love to come and film it and save it for others to see into the future. Maybe you've an interesting garage, a private museum or collection. Privacy is always respected especially regarding locations. I'm interested now in hearing from you and what you'd like to feature on so feel free to contact me

Today it's the turn of 'The Black Éclat' which is kicking off my Lotus Season which will feature todays car, a Lotus Éclat followed by an Esprit, Elise and Evora! Afraid I couldn't source a 60s or 90s Lotus so 70s, 80s, 00s and 10s will feature for now!

Make sure to subscribe and also if interested in having your car, collection, garage or even something you wish to sell featured please contact me. For those who have I'll be in contact over the next few days! 

• Advertisement

This week I feel like James Bond (yes, I know he drove the earlier cars) in this 1988 Lotus Esprit X180! It's in amazing condition and drives superbly.

Let me know under the video if you like the new intro, 4k video and other improvments I'm working on at the minute.

Advertisement