Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Permission for side window

• 23-07-2021 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to add a window to the side wall of my house at 1st floor level. I am at the end of a terrace of houses and the new window would overlook the back garden of an adjacent terrace of houses. The window I would be installing would be small and frosted and just enough to allow some light and air into the 1st floor bathroom. Does this work require planning permission from Dublin City Council? I have already mentioned it to the neighbour who owns the garden I would be overlooking and they have no issues with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭bemak

yes you need planning. the application itself is relatively straightforward. whether the planners would grant it is another thing but a letter of support from the affected neighbour would really help your cause if you could get it. it depends on how far you are from their boundary - if the external wall in which you're proposing the new window is the boundary wall you might get into difficulty. however if there is say 1m between the external wall and the boundary with the neighbour (maybe there's a laneway between you and them) then you'd have a better chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭ercork

Thanks for the quick reply bemak. Unfortunately the wall I'm talking about is the boundary wall with the neighbour's garden. That said, the window itself would be 10 - 15 metres away from the neighbour's house - is that factor relevant to the decision?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

planning required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭ercork

Thanks all for the replies. Is the process of applying for PP difficult, i.e., can I do it myself or do I need to hire someone to do it for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

For a job of that complexity, you can do it yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement