Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galibier sizing

Options
  • 22-07-2021 6:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭

i've never bought shorts online before, except for the boards kit; is galibier fairly standard sizing wise?

i've always bought medium, am a medium in gist and the verge sizing in medium fits me but wouldn't want to be any more snug - so i assume M in galibier bib shorts is the way to go too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

You’re in fairly safe hands I would say. Order two sizes and return one that doesn’t fit. They are super for returns etc. I know of one bib where they say clearly it’s “Italian race fit” so order up a size

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I have medium. 6'3", 73kg... bit snug for me. Wearable but if I was ordering again, I'd get large.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

The size guide they give is pretty good. As above if they say Italian sizing or race fit then go up a size. Great for returns or swapping, I asked about swapping a pair of shorts for larger one and new pair was in the post straight away, before I’d even sourced envelope to send back original pair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Very good on returns. 185cm 78kg and Large is perfect. I'd say they size accurately, not "Italian"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm over 10cm shorter than you and maybe 5kg lighter (i hope!) so medium hopefully sounds like a safe enough bet.

anyone have any opinions as to classique vs peloton vs energie vs regale? bear in mind that i don't usually spend more than three hours in the saddle at a tims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Taller & heavier but wear large in both Verge & Galibier.

Energie shorts are my go to in the range though size large has been stocked out for a while now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cheers, i ordered the equipe aero, mainly because they have them on sale in medium (but not large) with approx €15 off.

was very happy with these so ordered a second pair - good service, i placed the order on tuesday night and the postman just dropped them off. and they'd thrown a snood in for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

The sizings cited on the website are accurate

you won’t regret ordering from galibier . The clothing is quality and the customer service is excellent. Delivery is fast too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

My third order this year from Galibier is sitting at home at the moment.

There better be a bloody free pair of socks or something in this one

• Advertisement
Advertisement