Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Decathlon bike brakes

• 21-07-2021 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭ yellow hen

Just bought my son a new bike in decathlon and noticed that the rear brake is on the right rather than left. Is that wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭ cletus

Often French and American bikes (and possibly others) have this configuration

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭ Wildly Boaring

I've 2 cubes, both like that too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭ mgbgt1978

As above. Had 2 Treks .Both had the Rear Brake on the right. I swapped mine over as I'm just too long in the tooth to learn new tricks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭ yellow hen

Thanks for that. I've no idea how to swap them so we'll have to suck it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭ magicbastarder

ring decathlon and ask them to change it maybe? it can be dangerous if you're not used to that configuration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭ Enfilade

Yeah if you aren't confident to do it yourself get the shop to do it, last bike I bought in a shop here did it for me and even pointed it out to me before I bought it. It is dangerous, I borrowed a french housemates bike years ago when mine was in Joe Daly's for a service and nearly did myself in not 50 meters from the house.

🚴‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ GoHardOrGoHome

Decathlon bikes come from France. They'll change it over for you. Ring them in advance though. You'll have to bring it to the workshop in Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,669 ✭✭✭✭ Wishbone Ash

I had a few squeaky bum moments over the years locking up the rear wheel on technical descents on hired bikes.

Advertisement