Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free outdoor gear

• 21-07-2021 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

As I mainly get my fun on this forum, I thought I'd offer here, to any bike packers or commuters, before going to the main outdoor pursuits area...

All the below are available for free, pickup in Deansgrange only. All are, to the best of my knowledge, in 100% working condition, although I'd take them out of the bag (or pitch them) before committing my life to them.

ALPKIT NUMO air mattress (used once?)

Large, full-length fat size Thermarest-brand air mattress. Used often, but still great and very comfy. A fair size when packed in the supplied stuff sack, but ideal for car camping or big canoe.

3/4 length, thinner Thermarest-brand air mattress. Used often. Packs a lot smaller than the above.

Two (one set) Altura panniers. Pretty good ones, used only on one trip. Not as good as Ortlieb, but lighter, and free.

Vango Storm Shelter 800 KISU. Huge emergency shelter for walkers.

Mountain Hardware waterproof jacket, Men's Large, Black. Very waterproof winter jacket. Hardly used at all, as I went with Columbia OutDry eventually.

Marmot Precip (I think!) waterproof jacket. Men's Large (I'm 5'8", 12 stone), Hardly used, in great shape.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭jayjbe

Hi, would love to take these. Trying to get me and young lad into bike packing and hiking. Down in waterford but would happily pay for postage. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Sorry - it really is pickup only. BTW I've found another full-size thermarest and a carbon fibre telescopic walking pole, which you are welcome to.

PM me for pickup and see if we can agree a time. Not madly urgent, but next week or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭kirkfx

If it doesn't work out with the other poster I can collect some weekday evening or whenever at the weekend.

Literally was out at Decathalon the other day to scout out for most of these items but left thinking I'd hold off and see could I get second hand gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

Hey!

If there's anything left over from the others, I can come collect it any day that suits you. Particularly keen on a waterproof jacket, the panniers, one of the thermarests and the pole.

Fair play to you giving things to the community!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the kindness! Where are you based & is everything gone?

Thanks,

Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Hi Pa,

sorry - yes, all gone in one fell swoop.

Better out there getting use, than in my shed for years at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭GiantRosa

Marmot Precip (I think!) waterproof jacket. Men's Large (I'm 5'8", 12 stone), Hardly used, in great shape.

Any pics?

Advertisement