Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Spot on! I am not even sure it was an oversight on the contract, the statement Joe read from the drug company yesterday outlined how when the contract was signed in 2017 the drug was not considered safe for 6-11 year olds, i.e. not an oversight but a deliberate, considered decision based on safety grounds. With better data a available now, the HSE and the drug company were already renegotiating to bring these back into scope.

This is a smaller item, reduced down to Whoy are they not renegotiating faster, but then even Joe couldn't string that misery out for a week. Better to promote the villainous, callous HSE/Big Pharma fat cat narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

a Ronan Collins love in today it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭leath_dub

CF parents and kids dropped like a hot snot, now that Ronan Collins announced that he is not leaving RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I’ll miss Ronan. That’s a shock departure. Aren’t these things kind of telegraphed in advance? Didn’t always agree with his music choices but he had a lot of musical knowledge and played some stuff you won’t hear anywhere else.

makes a break from CF at least.

he's just moving slots , not sure it is worth a full liveline show about him moving times !!

I do listen to Ronan's show a bit thou. Good range of easy listening music

• Advertisement

You’ve elucidated that perfectly. I think Joe should read out your statement.

I don’t mind a Ronan love-in, but if he ever does one for Tubridy I will be tempted to masochistically torture myself listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just imagine what Joe's last show will be like 🤮

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭Tow

Would you not get a proper job.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

Ronan must've had the canteen coddle along with Joe.

Burp.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭cozar

caller driven show.?

What colour were de drums cawlur?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭cozar

hopefully we won't have a selection of Ronan's favorite tunes.

Would love to have heard the call to the parents due to talk to Joe today about Kaftrio. "Sorry Mary, Joe's mate's retiring so we have to accommodate their barstool chat for the show"

“How’s de leg Ronan?”

i'm already bored of this, after 6 minutes. He does an hour a day, says happy birthday to a few people and plays a bit of music. not the most stressful job in the world.

Thankfully the wurld cup QF is on at 3 so I will hit the road home before dat

Wrong button issue, wornout tape being blamed.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

It's more than moving slots. He'll be just doing a programme called the Collins Collection on the Bank Holidays throughout the year.

He's not jesusing retiring though!!!!

hope Roan never runs into Kathleen

• Advertisement

There harsh. It’s puff for sure but a few of the old school djs have handed up the earphones lately so it’s kind of the end of an era fir those of us who remember older style radio.

I am sure Joe would be on a 100k plus, if he reduced down to one day a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,679 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

WTF !!!

Tuned in late........WTF is dis ?

He's not retiring FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

I don't catch his show too often but I like Ronan. This is a bit unnecessary if it goes on too long though.

Randy Travis has obviously fallen on hard times if he’s playing the Red Cow nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Well he is in reality, he's 70. Be called in for the public holidays and the odd special. As in Gaybo 'retiring'.

The one person applauding in the audience.

it's like me having a retirement party at work, only to tell them I'm just moving office doing a slightly different job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

43 = 4 soccer teams with one man sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

Ah I miss Larry meself

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement