Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned sites / areas / buildings In Ireland

Options
  • 19-07-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Casement Park

Mosney

Any other prominent ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Boards?…..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭C__MC

Given this new format, layout, your probably right

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mosney is in extensive use. Only some of the leisure facilities are abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭C__MC

What's it used for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think mosney is used to provide accommodation for recent immigrants from outside the EU who may stay there for a long time while they apply for the right to live and work here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think there's 1000s of old empty houses and cottages in rural areas and also some apartments which were started but the building stopped in 2007 when the housing market crashed

I know a large 3 storey house it's empty for at least 12 years in dublin 1 I don't know why the owner does not sell it its not in bad nick just empty

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

AbandonedIreland.com is good

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I know of a few cool spots but not telling.

I've seen too many spoiled and permanently closed off because people can't fcukin behave themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I know of a few townlands that are abandoned, unfortunately the copper fairies got in and now all the buildings are destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the ford factory in cork??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Not sure if they have done anything with this yet as I haven't been in the area in a few years and the google maps is from 2019 but it has been this way since 2007, The Sentinel Building, Sandyford:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The Great Southern hotels in Rosslare and Galway (Corrib), had several a holidays in them as a kid. Abandoned for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Advertisement