Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 18th July

Options
  • 18-07-2021 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

On a very slow day you might get a winner or two from these

TRAINERS QUOTES

Ian Williams

Ship of The Fen

Sun 18th Jul 2021

13:00, Newton Abbot

DEC Odds: 9.2 (Betfair Exchange)

Ship Of The Fen has been running well on the Flat and possibly was stretched by the distance last time reverting to hurdles. This is not a great race and dropping back almost half a mile will be in his favour. Each-way chances.

Ian Williams

Regaby

Sun 18th Jul 2021

14:40, Newton Abbot

DEC Odds: 4.1 (Betfair Exchange)

I was disappointed by Regaby's rather tame finish last time but he was still third, his best result yet. Cheek-pieces and tongue-tie first time could bring an improvement and in a modest contest I've been asking myself whether the top horses can give him 30lb? I think not.

Ali Stronge

Zayriyan

Sun 18th Jul 2021

15:15, Newton Abbot

DEC Odds: 40.89 (Betfair Exchange)

Zayriyan will have learnt a bit back over hurdles for the first time since joining the stable. Now in his grade, albeit off top-weight, we'll see how we go.

Harry Whittington

Numberoneson

Sun 18th Jul 2021

15:15, Newton Abbot

DEC Odds: 36 (Betfair Exchange)

When Numberoneson left Joseph O'Brien just under a year ago after a Leopardston win he had a Flat rating of 79. Four jump runs later for us and he has an identical hurdles rating. Common sense alone suggests he has to be dangerous in this race if he puts it all together. Here's hoping!

Kim Bailey

Peaked Too Soon

Sun 18th Jul 2021

16:15, Stratford upon Avon

DEC Odds: 6 (Betfair Exchange)

This is a very tight contest with four horses rated within a few pounds of each other. The question for Peaked Too Soon is whether he is progressive. We think he is and are hopeful he will make it three-in-a-row.

Ali Stronge

Getabuck

Sun 18th Jul 2021

16:50, Stratford upon Avon

DEC Odds: 3.45 (Betfair Exchange)

Getabuck ran very well over the course when second last time. Under similar conditions he goes back there with an excellent each-way chance.

Micky Hammond

Stormin Norman

Sun 18th Jul 2021

17:10, Redcar

DEC Odds: 3.7 (Betfair Exchange)

Good or fast ground are ideal for Stormin Norman and this trip should be just about perfect too. Aidan has been getting plenty of experience and on a horse that has a very good win ratio, if he can time his challenge to lead a furlong out, they should stay there to the finish.

Comments

Double post

Damn new Boards. Was going to say that OP has convinced me to back Ship Of The Fen 😊 I also like Holerday Ridge. Both ew @ 7 & 6/1 in the 1.00 Newton Abbot...

Don't like the jolly Beholden, and am not seeing why he's an 8/11 shot.

I 'edited' the 2nd of the 2 posts, but the machine saw fit to apply the same edit to both comments to say "Double Post'' 😒

5.30 Curragh

4 places on offer here, and my 3 against the field are:

Provocateuse 11/1 , Jered Maddox 8/1 , and Fine Distraction 18/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Few really nice bets lined up for today.

1.30 Newton Abbot, Courtland, around 5/4. Strong lay bet for me here. Fairly sure it won't be winning and my best of the day.

1.35 Curragh, Concert Hall, around 13/8. Again this is a lay bet, can't see it winning here.

1.45 Redcar, Silks Dream, around 13/8. I've backed this to win. Should get the job done in this particular race.

5.10 Redcar

An apprentice race here over a marathon type 14f. I can see Stormin Norman and Justified going close, but hard to make a solid case for either of them winning at around 5/2 - 11/4.

One I like as an ew shot here, and a good price is TRINITY STAR at the bottom of the weights. He wasn't beaten far the last twice over 12f at Musselburgh and Thirsk, with both those on good to firm. This 10yr old will do me @ 16/1. Only 2 places unfortunately with the field reduced to 7.

• Advertisement

4.35 Redcar

Will go with a few here. I'm not liking Fahey's Riches And Rubies, although she's unexposed. Nor am I liking Bankawi, who may try and lead, but will probably have competiton for that position, and will probably be caught regardless. David O'Meara's in cracking form, but I'm not seeing his Estad obliging here either. Am no sage, so could well be wrong.

I think the winner will come from the top half of the betting, and having dismissed 3, I will go with LISTEN AGAIN @ 6/1 , and TIE A YELLOWRIBBON @ 8/1 to win. Another one I like as an ew pick is DON'T JOKE @ 25/1. Don't Joke is yet to win, but has ran 2 good races out of his last three. In both those he has came 2nd, and both were over a mile. Has drifted a bit, and I don't know why. Maybe he's a doubtful stayer over the extra furlong here. 4 places on offer in an interesting enough low grade affair, with 1 or 2 mainly AW stalwarts, to confuse the issue a bit more.😄

4.40 Tip

Another race with multiple picks.

Going ew on OPTICAL CONFUSION 6/1 , YA BOY YA 9/2 , and FLAMINGO'S COURT 8/1. Some money for Hogan's Funky Dady, who came a decent enough third on his first chase start, but will hope he at least won't be troubling the judge today, in what looks a more competitive affair.

A couple ew in the 5.15 Tipperary.. Siberian Star @ 16/1 , and Baile Bhuirne @ 100/1. Very speculative pick the latter. Am hoping he'll do well over fences, as this 5yr old has done nothing in 4 hurdles' outings.

Advertisement