Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingspan solar thermal not working

Options
  • 17-07-2021 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anybody know how the kingspan solar thermal system works. The controller is an sc400 and it seems to only heat the water intermittently. Right now I have a tank temp at the top of 26°C and a bottom temp of 20°C. The panles themselves are reading a max of 154°C but the system isnt heating any water. Does the system bot work when atax panel temperature or something, I can't figure it out. Thanks for you help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lowkeys

We have these also and they arent working great. I find turning the panel off and on again resets the temp to more sensible levels when the readings are way off. I have the sc100 panel and struggling to find someone to look at it or maintain the system. I'll be keeping an eye on responses to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭John.G

In both cases, you will have a pressure gauge installed with probably two temperature gauges (and the circulating pump) close by, this pressure gauge should read 1.5 to 2.5 bar, check this out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrJimmyD1

Thanks for the responses, Ok so I think I figured it out. The system doesn't work when the panel temperature is above a certain level, it must be a safety feature. There are two temp guages by the circulating pump one for flow and return with max readings of 120°C each. The pressure gauge looks to be reading zero right now but there is no pumping going on at the moment, I will keep an eye on the pressure gauge to see if it changes when the pump is in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

the pressure gauge should never read zero it should be at least 1.5 bar when the system is off at night what has happened is your system has overheated and boiled the solar fluid resulting in the solar fluid escaping as gas you will need someone to refill the system..

Advertisement