Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSO system approx costs

Options
  • 17-07-2021 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi appreciate any advice Re costs for a pos system for busy pub/small restaurant. Bamboozled looking at quotes and range from 2k to 4k without any monthly fees included for the hardware /pos system /till drawer/receipt printer/kitchen docket printer and handheld tablet for staff to use to place orders while serving outdoors. Tempted to go with lowest quote to be honest as both companies telling me they have best offering /value. Any one got real life experience and recommendations+advice. It's a significant expense for us but needed as just can't keep track of everything with current basic till

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

Hey Dunmur

This is what I have done for the last 15 years, and the one thing I can say is features is way more important then price (within reason). There are lots of systems out there and you can even get some free ones. But it needs to make your life easier.

For instance as you are a pub\restaurant you need something with large button (on both the desktop terminal and the tablets), for the restaurant side you need split bill, kitchen printing etc

The biggest players in the market are ICR Touch, PixelPoint and OneTap, the best thing about these 3 software packages is that there are dozens of re-sellers in Ireland and you are comparing like with like (so it really comes down to the hardware offering then)

One other thing to look out for is that you won't just be a number to them. Some of the larger companies will install you and then you will wait on support for hours anytime something goes wrong

From what I can see from other companies, is that 2K-3K is the standard price for hardware. You could look at purchasing the stuff yourself on places like thepointofsale.store (I have nothing to do with this site but I have purchased stuff off them) and then only purchasing the software (and integrated credit card for an easier life) of the epos provider

Regards

Dave

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Touch office is probably an ideal system.

https://www.icrtouch.com/

Plenty of resellers. In Dublin region Comcal systems do it.

About €2500 + €40/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dunmur

Thank you both, will have a look at above, any upgrade from what we have now would be an improvement 😊

Advertisement