Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the going rate for a certified copy of passport?

• 16-07-2021 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

I know the Gardai don't do it anymore so I contacted a public notary, and he was looking for 60e. Is he charging too much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I had one done at a local solicitors office a while back and they didn't charge me anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

It's literally a stamp, some firms charge a tenner and sometimes they won't bother because it takes a few seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭mikethecop

the gardai will still do it in almost every case , depending what you need it for

free of charge too

I know of solicitors that charge a tenner but my solicitor doesn't charge clients. Guards do it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It will depend on the purpose for which you need it certified. A notary public will likely only be needed if it was for some international purpose. For a domestic purpose it could be a solicitor/commissioner for oaths (€10-20 per copy) or a peace commissioner (free).

Based on a making an appointment with a notary public (officeholder in the Faculty of same) who insisted on charging the lower fee as a solicitor/commissioner for oaths. A very honest man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭beachhead

As stated if you need your passport certified as genuine for international purposes i.e. visa,residency abroad you will need a public notary.The cheapest I've come across is e40 per document and they were not related to a solicitor's office.If,the notary is also a solicitor you could pay e60 or more(think of a number and Dble it!).e100 is not unusual quote.Look up goldenpages.ie or other sites and phone a few for prices.

Advertisement