Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Car Club for "Youngtimers"

• 16-07-2021 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭ Tzardine

Hi folks,

I am in the early stages of setting up a classic car club for 'Youngtimers'.

I found that a lot of the classic clubs have an older membership profile and as a result the events/shows/runs etc are geared more towards that age group. Don't get me wrong, I love the club I am a member of, and there is a huge amount of experience there - but the age profile puts off a lot of younger people off. I see from the Cars and Coffee scene that there are a lot of younger people getting into classics but they are not in a club.

I also find that not many clubs want to know about modern classics - i.e cars 20-30 years old.

So I am targeting members in their 20s/30s/40s (but anybody is welcome) and any cars greater than 20 years old.

I have set up a Facebook group to get started, and the plan is to turn this into a bona fide club once sufficient members are available.

I would appreciate any feedback (if anybody actually sees this thread on this new site layout) and if you are interested in the group you can find it here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1904722839715293/

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

i don't think many join Clubs now do they?

Advertisement