Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Good Lawyer

• 16-07-2021 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭

So, young Andy goes to see a lawyer and tells him,

“My neighbour borrowed £300 and he won’t pay up. What should I do?”

The Lawyer asks Andy, “Do you have any proof he owes you the money?”

“Not really,” replies Andy. "I thought we were good enough friends and trusted him."

"I see, says the Lawyer.

“Okay, then we will write him a letter, enclosing a stamped addressed return envelope, asking him for the £3,000 he owes you,” said the lawyer.

“But it’s only £300,” replied the man.

“Precisely, replies the Lawyer." "And that’s what I expect he will reply and then we’ll have our proof before taking him to Court!”

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chrisorg

Hah, that's great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I thought it was going to be this old one.

Man goes into a lawyer. He asks how much they charge.

Lawyer answers - 'Well, we charge a flat fee of €500 for three questions.'

Man says - 'Isn't that a bit steep?'

Lawyers says - 'I suppose it is. Now what was your third question?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pipermania

This method is still relevant today. I got my debt back this way from an old acquaintance. He didn't pay me back about 1,000 pounds.

Advertisement