Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

under reporting child maintenance

• 15-07-2021 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Howdy

don't know where to ask this.

Child's mom is on benefits , we were never in a relationship, cohabiting etc..

I pay x amount of child maintenance

Mom wants me to under declare how much I pay.

If i dont, and her bens are cut my access to kid may become more difficult, shes never wrote this in a text or an email.

I am signing an email to Dept of SW stating I am paying y amount per week, (y is significantly less than what i do pay)

This has implications for kids medical card

My question is - will my giving incorrect info to social come back to bite me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭covidcustomer

I'd be careful signing that email, actually, I wouldn't sign it because it's fraud.

I see your issue though so what I would say to her is that you cannot do this as you already claimed tax relief for the maintenance you are paying, you can't give two different amounts to two different state departments because they will link the info through your PPS number.

If her benefits are cut that's not on you, you are supporting your child, if access is cut, then that's not on you either, continue paying (standing order if you can) maintenance and maybe seek legal advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You are leaving yourself open to liability for SW benefits fraud. One option is to agree to only pay directly the amount the mother is stating as maintenance, but you can then use the remainder as you wish for the child's benefit. E.g. put into an education fund, buy all the child's clothes / Christmas presents / etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭feelings

Just drop the maintenance to whatever she wants, problem solved?

You would be crazy to commit or attempt to commit any attempted social welfare fraud, given your situation.

All children under the age of 6 that do not have medical cards already via their parents, will get GP visit cards... is your child older than 6?

If the mother's sole income is from benefits (adjusted for means tested maintenance) then it should not affect her medical card entitlements.

I would also advise strongly against doing anything which the D/SW could potentially see as fraud.

Honesty is always the best policy.

Advertisement