Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Thinking of trying Ti

• 15-07-2021 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭ Skrynesaver

Hi all,

Looking at maybe buying a Van Nicholas on my next iteration of the BTW scheme, wondering if:

• I'm mad
    • They're worth it

Anyone have any experience of their bikes?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭ magicbastarder

there are a couple of users here; mercian pro definitely anyway.

I asked a similar question a while back,

decided on a different bike in the end,

https://boards.ie/discussion/2058183974/van-nicholas#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ Mercian Pro

No and maybe!

If you want a long-term relationship with your bike and not to be constantly tempted by flashy eye-candy, Ti is for you. Compared to a lot of other frames, it should give you a more comfortable ride particularly over longer distances, hence its popularity with Audax cyclists. Other positives are the retro styling and low maintenance finish.

Negatives would generally be a slight weight penalty vs carbon and price. However, if you shop around, you may find some bargains. Unfortunately Van Nicholas discontinued their entry-level Ventus after a couple of years as it was affecting sales of their more expensive models.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭ benneca1

Can fully recommend Ti have had a Van Nick and two enigmas always my go to bike if going long Love the feel on the road no amplification of road buzz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement