Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expanding social circle in late 30s

Options
  • 15-07-2021 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

There have been a lot of life changes in tbe last few years. A lot of friends have settled down, had kids and moved from Dublin. With the pandemic others have moved out of Ireland completely. Myself and my partner have moved within Dublin from the south side to Clontarf. As a result of all this I am finding my social circle is now really limited.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on getting out and meeting new people? We are a couple in our late 30, reasonably active and into different sports and activities. We are also like travelling, eating out etc. It would be great to have mates around clontarf or the city centre. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,868 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Check out Meetup.com for groups like "out and about" and "wet and wild" and "dining out" - there is probably others - do a search on meetup for lgbt in Dublin

Also have a look at the gcn listings there might be other groups of interest

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,868 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement