Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Branch closures questions: How do I withdraw large amounts of cash etc?

Options
  • 15-07-2021 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi!

This is in response to the recent Advance notice of Branch closure Email, and the move to An Post services.

Firstly ,

Bank of Ireland customers have been steadily moving to digital banking over the past decade

That changed has somewhat been pushed upon us due to the change in usability of the branches : lack of services and staff cuts. My local branch has been relegated to a "cashless" branch for the last number of years. What does that even mean? Isn't the purpose of a bank branch to deal in cash?

Secondly - this new deal with An Post seems to have a cash withdrawal limit, matching the limit on the customers card/ATM limit. Is this even legal? Previously if necessary it would have been possible to walk into a branch and withdraw up to the FULL amount in my account - as it is my money. There surely must be an arrangement for this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the upcoming changes to our branch network. Cash withdrawals can be made in the Post Office using your debit card/ATM card. As you have to use your card to withdraw, you can only request to withdraw up to your card limit.

Our cashless branches would be advice and self service- this means my colleagues would assist you with you're banking by using the ATMs and lodgement machines. If you wish to make larger withdrawals from your account, it would be necessary to go to the closest Bank of Ireland branch with valid photo ID and ensure that you place an order for cash collection through our website.

We value your feedback and I will be sure to share this with the relevant team.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TedBundyyyyyy

Test

Advertisement